Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh where for art thou blogger?

Wow, it has been awhile since I posted anything new. Same ole same ole happening here, my little beasties. Still just the 2 new clients signed, and both are working through revisions before we go to market. Plenty of rejections sent and still oodles more to read. Lots more follow ups and new subs going out this week and next. And the waiting, always the waiting.

My son's team fared a bit better last Saturday, although they didn't even get through the first inning before the game was cancelled (Yep, gotta love Colorado. 80 degrees today, snow tomorrow, then warm again the rest of the week). They gave up 3 runs in the top of the first, then scored 3 runs in the bottom of the first. They still had 2 men (er, boys rather) on and only 1 out, so I have the feeling we might have won if not for the crazy weather.

A final reminder that our last day for new subs coming in is May 15th. As the submission period comes to a close, I'm starting to gain some ground on the client edits and this is the time when I drag out the fulls I haven't started reading yet. We have a great new piece we're subbing out today, literary, a little spooky, and (dare I say it) with an element of romance.

Looking forward to our next submission period, me thinks we'll be accepting all types of work, but will be focusing mostly on non-fiction projects.

And what's coming up this summer? A trip to the Big Apple and a night at the Stanley Hotel (I'm already scared). For those that might not know, the Stanley Hotel is where the inspiration for The Shining by Stephen King came from.

Stay literate;)

1 comment:

mspswi said...

If they give you the key to room 418, be afraid, be very afraid.