Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Tomorrow I will be neither here nor there, but somewhere inbetween. The office is running out of boxes today and I find I'm constantly unpacking a box to get at something I was so sure I wouldn't need until next week lol.

Allows pays to follow up. Huge example is our newest client. I was under the impression he was awaiting word from another agent before deciding, he was under the impression that we hadn't decided yet. One follow up and the entire thing is clear and now we have an excellent thriller to add to the family.

So, how long does it take to go from being signed to getting your full out there? Depends on the editing most of the time. This one, for example, only requires a quick run through to check for typos and that will be done over the next few days. I generally write the pitch as I'm reading the second time through, changing it and molding it as a progress further into the story. Most times, the pitch focuses on the first 50 pages of work (the main storyline).

Then comes the market research. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, in this case because I already have editors in mind. All told, this project will be e-mailed out on Monday, so 5 days from start to that wonderful, nail-biting, waiting.

Other projects take longer due to editing, while some are as quick as a few days.

Just a note. If anyone has an interesting political or historical (adult) non-fiction proposal that sparkles and shines, feel free to sub it our way. And for those little beasties that are waiting to sub, be patient, March 1st is just around the corner.

stay literate;)

No comments: