Monday, February 25, 2008

An end to the leap

Yep, hard to believe February's almost over. Dare I say it? I think I may be over the flu. Today's the first time I don't feel like I'm walking in a fugue state in ages.

Packing is moving along great. I'm super-excited about the move, even more excited because a couple more projects have moved past the initial stages. Yeah, may have said it before, but getting a book published isn't just about one editor liking it, but a whole gaggle of people loving it.

Of course, getting that initial contact truly excited about your manuscript is important, as they turn into your advocate for getting published.

Keeping the post short again today (still oodles to do), but I wanted to post part of a comment from a client (and English teacher) because it is oh so true--

I tell my students people today have too many things to occupy their interests, so a writer needs to basically stand on a chair and yell and wave his/her arms in order to pull the potential reader away from the Internet, video games, cell phones, HD TV, etc.

--

Stay literate;)

No comments: