Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peace Out

Well, this is our last day in office until January 2nd. Such an odd sensation not having the usual frenzy of pitching and such.

Not that we won't be working over the holidays. Have plenty of editing and some manuscript reading to do. If all goes as expected, I can start with a clean slate come the first of the year. Love it when I have no outstanding queries, gives me more time to focus on those projects I love with all my heart.

Big heads up for the New Year. We will be turning away children's submissions, as our cup currently overfloweth with amazing stuff from our clients. Not to say we won't give them a glance if they seem intriguing, but the chances are near impossible, so, if you're planning on submitting, it better knock my socks off.

Other than new children's work from clients, we'll also be marketing a Christian suspense, an urban fantasy, and a mystery. Our literary prayers have been answered with two phenomenal works that we're offering to take on, so we'll see how those play out.

Down to a handful of manuscripts. This is always the hardest part for me because I find I like them all. Now I must let them sit a bit, until I can decide which ones I LOVE.

Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday, my little beasties. Stay literate;)

No comments: